rss-icon facebook-icon twitter-icon pinterest-icon google-plus-icon

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Take Us Back In Time Tuesday - 9/8/09

Today I'm going to take you back one year. As most moms do, I take pictures of my children on their first day of school.

Now mind you, they usually aren't the best shots. It's hard to stand still and smile when you are a bundle of happy, excited, anxious nerves.

I know, as I grab my camera, that I'll only be able to fire off two clicks. For each of them. If I'm lucky.

So, here is W., T., and R. (in that order) on the first day of 5th grade, Kindergarten, and Preschool, respectively, for the 2008-2009 school year.



After they all left for school, I made a huge mistake. I uploaded their new photos into my computer and compared them to the above photos.

WHERE.THE.HELL.DID.MY.BABIES.GO?!!!!

I wanted to cry. Alright, so maybe I did...just a little. So WHAT?!!! You got a problem with that?!

Ahem.

But would you look at him?! He's gone from a cute little boy to more of a...a....young MAN!! *sniff.

And he's gotten so much taller. *sniff. sniff.

AND OH NO!!! My baby girl isn't so much a baby anymore. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!


I can't believe what 365 days will do. Instead of Taking You Back In Time, I wish I could just pause it for a while.


*********************************************************

Did you post your own "Take Us Back In Time Tuesday" post? Please read the guidelines and then leave your direct link below on Mr. Linky.


4 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

They really have grown.
I look back at the baby pictures of my 14 year old and cry.....I miss that non-sassy, cute,chubby boy. So know you are not the only one.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Cute cute cute!

We went to the zoo yesterday and I was looking at pics from past zoo trips in 2005 and 2007 and I could not get over how much my girls have changed. My "baby" (4 1/2) was really a baby in 2005.

WAAAAAH! :(

Michele said...

Wow, that IS a huge difference. It's crazy how fast these kids grow.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Boy I am not looking forward to this when my baby gets to this point! *sniff* Nice post!