rss-icon facebook-icon twitter-icon pinterest-icon google-plus-icon

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Who Wants To Lose Some Weight?

I certainly do! So I've got something going on with my friend Karly over at Wiping Up Snot. And we want YOU to join us!

It all began when we both made the decision to attend BlogHer 2009. Neither of us have ever been to a BlogHer conference. After reading countless posts and watching all of those videos, from hundreds of women, we became determined and vowed not to miss the next one.

After all, there is booze and well, booze....and Mama needs a vacation!

Somehow the subject of weight loss came up during our conversations of the next BlogHer. We both acknowledged that we needed to drop some poundage. BlogHer is kind of like going to a class reunion or a wedding, no!? You gotta look your best because you never know, you could be sitting buck naked across from these hot mommys!

So, Our BlubHer Overhaul was born. This new blog is a support group for anyone who needs a little help keeping on track. It was set up to share our quest with other bloggers that want to look hawt next year too. Though, don't worry, you don't have to be attending BlogHer, that's just our goal date. Anyone who wants to shed some weight and could use some buddies to lean on, please, jump right on board. We need all the support we can get!

If you are interested, please read how to become a Participant. Our official start date is September 8th, 2008. You know on a Monday, after a holiday that will probably be filled with lots of barbecued foods and beer. No need to start before then, am I right?

It's easy to join and there are no strings attached, no obligations, no expectations. Quite simply it is a place where you can blog daily, weekly, or even monthly about your diet menus, your exercise plan, your advice, information, links, funny stories, accomplishments, or just your thoughts about the whole weight loss process. It will be like our own coffee clutch, well without the coffee. Maybe celery, how about our own celery clutch? Really, stop by and take a look and find out how you can join us, we'd love to have you!

While you are there, whether you are participating or not, please grab our button for your blog. It will help spread the word and show your support for Our BlubHer Overhaul!

16 comments:

Lizzi said...

Diet menus? Exercise plans? What is this weight loss you speak of? You mean it won't just come off by itself while I sit here blogging? Damn.

The Fritz Facts said...

So I thought that if I closed my eyes and just said "Go away" it worked. No? Crap. Alright...I am in.

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

You guys make dieting sound fun! If yoga's involved, I'm in.

Annie said...

I really like this idea!

Laura said...

What a great idea...I am about to start on a wieght loss journey of my own - I will check it out.

Anonymous said...

I'm all over it! I'm not a Blogger, so I have no intention of attending any kind of BlogHer convention... but I'd love to dump some poundage with all y'alls!

Tricia said...

I was really hoping I'd just be able to hide the fluffiness under winter cloths. BUT, your header graphic on the BlubHer site is so funny, I may have to join.

Sarahviz said...

I'm in! Just put the button on my blog. And coicidentally, just recently wrote a post about how I have NO TIME to exercise.

But I just ordered 2 workout videos from Amazon...

and will attempt this endeavor with you!

(Let me know if there's anything else you need from me!)

Anonymous said...

What? No coffee? You ALMOST had me there...

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Thanks for all of the comments!! If any of you are interested, please email me at aschmittylife(at)aol(dot)com and I'll give you the details!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, my button is up and running ;o)

Anonymous said...

I am ready to get started, seeing that my thighs are 'attached' all the way down to my knees. Count me in!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

was it the mom list for you too? ok, I am in...

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

though I really dont know what to do....

Anonymous said...

How cool to undertake weight loss as a team like that.

Anonymous said...

You guys are just too cool. I'm gonna quit dragging my feet and join up here...soon or later.