rss-icon facebook-icon twitter-icon pinterest-icon google-plus-icon

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Laughs Just Keep Coming

Sometimes, I swear our daily happenings can be turned into a sitcom. We always seem to have chaos running amok or some sort of situation or crisis. I'm so glad we have a sense of humor or else we'd lose our minds.

As you all know 4 out of 5 in the Schmitty household are sick. Not just a cold sick, but some sort of evil germ is trying to wipe us out. It's a very, VERY, nasty bug. We are lying around like lumps of dog poo.

And speaking of dog poo, as if I don't have a hard enough time trying to raise three kids, we get this bright idea to add a puppy. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm glad we did and we absolutely ADORE her. But as Murphy's Law would have it, we have to get a puppy and come down with the plague.

So picture this. The other night I'm in the bathroom, again, door wide-open, because I have not one shred of dignity left. W. is in the downstairs shower screaming that he's, "DOOOONE!" At almost 9 years old you would think he'd stop being afraid of being by himself in the house. We have a split level house and he freaks if he's on a level of it alone. He's continually yelling that he's done showering. I obviously can't do anything about it. Then I hear T. in the hallway.

"EWWWWW!" I know what that means. Ruby. Again.

I then hear R., "Mommy Ruby pooped and it smells!"

"Well, now you know what your diapers are like!" I reply.

She walks into the bathroom and pukes at my feet.

Oh.For.The.Love.Of.God!

12 comments:

Zephra said...

Bless you poor thing. Maybe the dog can wear a diaper? LMAO

Justice Fergie said...

Geez! That's quality tv material right there. would it help if i said "someday you'll look back on this and laugh"? I didn't think so :) Hang in there and feel better soon! Make sure y'all open the windows to air out the germs...

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I can say that can suck.. but it is good that you can laugh about it..There are worse things in life.. I hope you all get well soon....

Gidget said...

hahahahaha
I'm so sorry....but I just burst out laughing at this post.
Hope you guys feel better soon.

OhTheJoys said...

Oh, no. That is just so wrong!

EE said...

That really sucks!! We have a new puppy, too...can't imagine doing this while being sick!!
Get well soon!

Heather said...

Yikes!!!!

Nesting Momma said...

Oh Lord...I'm afraid very afraid. We are NOT going to get sick but if we do...I'll remember to laugh.Right? How do you ________again and write too! I'm feeling very wimpy.

My 18 month old was actually in ER this season with the flu or this killer bug yikes, not again.Summer please come soon.Blessings!!!!

Robyn said...

Gotta love those stomach bugs! Nothing says "I love you" like projectile puke.

Life As I Know It said...

Oh...I feel for you. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Maria said...

Oh. My. I am right there with you, girl...although not in as deep.

Both Liv and I seemed to come down with the bubonic plague on Monday. I swear, there is nothing more gross then holding your child's hair while she pukes into the toilet when you are sick as a dog yourself.

Except maybe training a puppy too...

So sorry! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

This was us last week. A 24 hour bug though, not as severe as your illness, but along with that, a stray dog with the runs!

Have a great weekend

p.s. We soon found the mutt a new home!