rss-icon facebook-icon twitter-icon pinterest-icon google-plus-icon

Monday, February 26, 2007

Thank You

The meaning of a yellow rose is friendship. I am extending one to each of you, my friends; Maria, Rootietoot, MamaLee, Valerie, Justice Fergie, Deb, Zephra, and Mom On Coffee. Thank you all so very much for all of your kind words here and here. The past week has been extremely difficult for me. I am trying with all of my ability to keep it together, for me, Mr. Schmitty, and the Schmitty children. I am feeling pretty good today, though nights seem to be the hardest. I am keeping a positive attitude that all will be resolved quickly and I can get back to being me.

Thank you again for the advice and the encouragment!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

If there is anything more I can do, please let me know.

Maria said...

Roses are my favorites. And hang in there, hon. I swear that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Rootietoot said...

awe thanks! I love yellow roses!

I just remembered something(it's been a while since I've had to do this, that's why it took a bit to recall it). The nights that I'd be awake, obsessing on stuff and getting spooled up, I hit on this:
I found several music cd's of instrumental, extremely complex music, not loud or raucus or dissonant, just musically intricate, and I listen to those, over and over again through the night, concentrating on the details of the music and getting my mind off the worry. Eventually, it became a pavlovian response, where I'd instantly relax whenever I'd hear the music. Now I can't listen to it unless I *want* to go to sleep.
Maybe books on tape, or your own idea of relaxing music? Something to make you focus your mind on that instead of the mess keeping you up.

Valerie said...

Hugs! If you ever just need to talk I am here. I promise not to even mention my follies or E2 level. LOL Seriously though I am thinking of you and I know things will be better soon.

Heather said...

Awww! Roses are so pretty!

I hope that last night was a little easier for you and that they will each get easier as you adjust to the meds. Unfortunately, most meds do take some time to fully get in your system and it can be difficult. I have faith that each day will be one step towards your getting well. If you need anything, please don't hesitate.

Oh, and I know this may sound a tad crunchy, but if you can get your hands on some lavendar oil and a fleece bean wrap, it can be soooooo calming over the eyes, on the shoulders, etc.

Much Love

Zephra said...

You are very welcome and my thoughts will be with you.

Justice Fergie said...

awww! how sweet of you. thanks for the rose.

i hope you're feeling better.