rss-icon facebook-icon twitter-icon pinterest-icon google-plus-icon

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Could Women Be Wrong? You Be The Judge.

"Mommy, can I please have a cup of apple juice?" R. asked me.

I was sitting at the dining room table, taking a much needed, 5 minute breather. I looked up into the adjoining kitchen where Mr. Schmitty, standing in front of the stove, was keeping an eye on dinner. He's a dear like that.

"Daddy is standing right next to the refrigerator, could you ask him?" I asked.

"Sure! Daddy? Could I please have a cup of apple juice?" She asked her father.

He answered, "Maybe mommy could get it, I'm busy making dinner."

I looked up from my coloring book, YES, I sometimes color to relax, and cast him a look with a raised eyebrow.

The roast was in the oven, with the digital thermometer stuck in it. The potatoes were simmering on the stove, as was the broccoli. He was standing, about a foot from the stove, arms crossed, staring.

"Um....BUSY?!"

"YES! I'm multi-tasking!"

"Ah, standing and chewing gum, are we?" I snickered.

"No! I am watching THREE timers!!"

"Oh well, in that case......"

Here's more proof that women are *SO wrong about a man's ability to multi-task:



*Please note the tone of sarcasm.

8 comments:

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Hee hee hee!!! Men!

I love to color to de-stress too!

My husband couldn't multi-task to save his life!

Anonymous said...

*gasp* Sitting down? You slacker!

To answer your question, no. Not in a million years could women be wrong.

I go through that scenario quite often. I will be sitting here at my desk, hard at work.. okay.. reading blogs... and a kid will ask for something. Daddy is right there, at the fridge, with his head poked inside and I will still hear the "grumble grumble I'm busy" noises.

The Fritz Facts said...

I deal with that all the time...so busy watching NASCAR and reading the stats...poor hubby. As I fold three loads of laundry, help with homework and deal with the kids.

That video was hilarious! I will have to forward that on.

Patois42 said...

Thanks for the laugh.

kristi said...

TC does not even ask Hubs, he comes to me and Sara automatically. UGH.

Men suck.

kristi said...

I forgot to say I color too!

Unknown said...

Oh my LMAO...that video is priceless

Bonnie the Boss said...

I am way behind on reading so I am playing catch up! That is so funny!
Watching 3 timers is exausting work!