rss-icon facebook-icon twitter-icon pinterest-icon google-plus-icon

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Nevermind A Beep, We Need A Bleep!

I was in the kitchen cutting veggies for my Christmas Eve Manhattan Clam Chowder. The kids were at the dining room table. They were eating their daily treat from our advent calendar.


That's one way to get rid of the Halloween candy!

Recently the Schmitty Kids have been addicted to watching Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune. At 7 pm, everyone gathers in the living room to answer questions with Alex. Then it's on to seeing what Vanna is wearing and solving puzzles.

As I continued with my dicing of potatoes, I tuned into the conversation in the dining room. I just love listening to them speak to one another. You know, instead of their usual fighting and name calling.

They were playing their own version of a game show. T. was the host and W. and R. were the contestants. The game of "What Is My Favorite" involved T. asking them questions based on his favorite things. W. and R. were to "beep in" and then shout out their answer.

T.: "What is my favorite color?"

W.: "Beeeeep. GREEN!"

T.: "Yes! One point."

W.: "Woot Woot!"

T.: "What is my favorite candy?"

W.: "Beeeep. Swedish Fish!"

T.: "Correct! Another point!"

R.: "Dang! I want to answer one!"

I was chuckling in the kitchen, thinking how cute they were being with one another. They were laughing and having a great time and it didn't involve video games!

My moment was suddenly broken when I heard T. ask, "What is my favorite curse word?" I opened my mouth to speak. I was too late.

R.: "BEEEEEEP! SHIT!"

Leave it to her to win that point.

7 comments:

Sarahviz said...

Too cute!

My boyz' new game is the "humming game". Each one hums a song and the other 2 have to guess which song. It's hilarious. Especially hearing my 3 yr old attempting to hum "Womanizer".

Laura said...

Ok - that is friggin's hilarious!!!!!

No matter the language, if my boys are not beating the snot out of each other - it is a good day!!!!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

That time together is priceless.

Maria said...

Oh, that was very, very funny. And there is an ice storm here. I need to laugh very, very badly...

Momo Fali said...

Whoops!

Um...and how, exactly, do you manage to have Halloween candy left in December?

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO.

Hey, like you said...at least they weren't playing video games!!

Angel said...

Best. Game show. EVER!