rss-icon facebook-icon twitter-icon pinterest-icon google-plus-icon

Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Turkey, A Monkey, And A Jackass

Thanksgiving was very nice. A mostly quiet, peaceful day with Mr. Schmitty, the kids, my mom, sister, brother-in-law, brother, my brother's girlfriend, her two daughters, and their new baby boy.

Everything was perfect; the company, the football game (The Dallas Cowboys won much to Mr. Schmitty's delight), my glass of wine, and the food. The turkey was YUMMMMM-ie!

One of the highlights of the day was getting my baby fix. My old biological clock is winding down so when I get near a baby or a pregnant woman, I get a little mushy. My new nephew, baby J., is beautiful. He is just over a month old and was born on R.'s birthday. She is thrilled that she can share her day with him.

I love having a new baby in the family. While I was cooking dinner, I saw W. sitting on the couch, with the baby in his arms. Tears welled up in my eyes; it was such a precious sight.

And then my brother had to ruin the moment.

He reached into a plastic shopping bag and produced a wrapped gift. It was R.'s birthday gift. She unwrapped it and began to play.

I glared at my brother. He, of course, laughed. You know, the evil type of laugh that only a sibling can produce.

THIS is what I have been listening to since Thursday.


WTF?!

All I have to say little brother is, "Paybacks are a bitch!"

12 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

WOW. You can't get much more obnoxious than that! Even I had to stop it part way through!

I haven't held a baby in a long, long time. I miss it (a little) and look forward to (someday) being a grandma.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

My family always thought it was funny to give musical instruments. and for the first year that they all had kids I gave drums.

Laura Marchant said...

OMG! That is the most obnoxious thing ever! BG better not get her claws on one of those.

Unknown said...

Didn't you know that's what aunts and uncles are for??? They buy the annoying gifts that you refuse to buy! lol !!! Now get him back and buy his kids something that will drive him more insane than that monkey!! lol

The Mom Jen said...

My MIL is notorious for gifts of the annoying persuasion! GRR!

Mandy said...

Dude. That is seriously annoying.

I recommend the game Hi Ho Cherry O for future torture...it only comes with a gazillion little damn plastic cherries.

Jennifer S said...

Uh, see I'd give it a couple of days and then it would have an unfortunate accident involving car tires and the driveway.

Okay, okay, that's a little harsh. But the batteries are sure to go dead soon, especially if you swap them with the ones in the flashlight that you know are dead.

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Excellent advice from your above buddies...LOL

And I was expecting the brother to be the monkey, not the jackass. Well, at least he gave her something! LOL

There is always re-gifting... LOL

Laura said...

Oh - you better get him back for that...that....that....thing! Eeeek!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh. My.
I cant wait to hear how "payback" plays out!

Anonymous said...

Oh, someone needs a beating!!!

The Fritz Facts said...

My siblings and I love getting the annoying gifts for each other's kids. It is fun to see who can top the next.