We had floor seats and were about 20 or so rows back from the stage. We could see perfectly. All in all, it was a great time, even with the mood that I've been in lately. I was just happy to get out with the hubs for a while.
Here is a run down of the performers.
10. Chikezie: Dude, you should have been singing more like THAT during the competition! He was REALLY good!
9. Ramiele Malubay: I love her voice, it's so strong, and for such a little girl. She is so tiny!!!
8. Michael Johns: He was feeling a little under the weather, which you could pick up on at the beginning of his set. His last song was "Dream On" and he ROCKED IT! Though, honestly, I was in a dream state of my own, just looking at the guy. He is HAWT! And he can sing, but I could just listen to him talk in that sexy accent of his all day!
7. Kristy Lee Cook: So many times during the AI season, Kristy came across with no personality in her performance. She was called out on it a few times by the judges. She fell flat. Last night she was in her element! She really performed like she belonged on that stage. I really was pleasantly surprised. The girl is also GORGEOUS!
6. Carly Smithson: My girl!! She started off with "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence, one of my very favorite songs, and it was awesome. Carly can sing and she just seems like the type of girl you'd want to hang out with. Very cool chick!
5. Brooke White: She is such a sweetheart. She was genuinely appreciative of all of the fans and thanked them over and over. She never disappoints when she sings, especially with "Let It Be".
4. Jason Castro: Nope, sorry, don't get it. I didn't get it during the season and after seeing him live last night, I still don't. I know he has a decent fan base and I'm sure some will be pissed that I wrote this, but he didn't belong there. He definitely should not have made it to the 4th spot. Sorry. When he performs, especially with that ukulele, I picture him sitting on a deserted island, with his dreadlocks and bare feet, under a coconut tree, strumming away. Suddenly a coconut falls and hits him on his coconut. He picks it up, looks at it, laughs, and starts strumming away again. I just call 'em like I see 'em.
3. Syesha Mercado: Amazing voice. Amazing performer. Amazing body! The girl's got calf muscles of rock! And though he won't admit it, Mr. Schmitty was quite amazed at the hooters. She either got some surgery, a "lift", or she had those jelly things tucked in her dress. I don't normally looked at women's breasts, well, yea, I guess I do, because I'm usually envious. Mine used to look like that before kids, now they sag down to my bellybutton, all 500 pounds of them. But I digress. Syesha really is a beautiful girl with a great set of
2. David Archuleta: On American Idol, I always was aware that this boy could sing. He just wasn't my preference and I thought he wasn't much of a showman. And only because he is so young and is not experienced. I am glad he was the runner-up. Last night when I heard him sing I realized why the race was so close. His voice is absolutely beautiful. He has definitely been blessed. I recorded him on my cell phone, but unfortunately it sounds horrible, so I won't be able to share it. David will have a great career ahead of him. Oh and the fans? THEY ADORE HIM! My ears are still ringing from the screams!
1. David Cook: I really am contemplating leaving Mr. Schmitty for him, but I don't want to be considered a cougar. That's just tacky. I picked him as my favorite very early on in the season. I rooted for him throughout. He is a fantastic performer and he seems so humble. I hope stardom doesn't change that. I can't wait until he releases his first album!
And that, my friends, is that.
I will leave you with this (and remember ladies, he is mine, so paws off!):