rss-icon facebook-icon twitter-icon pinterest-icon google-plus-icon

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yo Banana Boy!

"Hey mom, I learned something in school today!"

Wow, imagine that...learning, in school, what a concept. "Oh yea? What did you learn?"

"We learned about palindromes."

"So, tell me, what is a palindrome?"

"It's a word that if you write backwards it's still the same."

"Like Bob, right?"

Mr. Schmitty pipes up with, "Or mom!"

"Or racecar!"

It's finally happened. I knew it would. My child is smarter than me. I just never expected him to pass me by at the age of 8.

I even looked up palindromes on the internet so I could hit him with a longer word today. Unfortunately for me, racecar is the longest one word palindrome in the English language.

Dammit, I'm mad!

1 comment:

Misty said...

TacoCat is a palindrome! (it's from Cheezburger) but it's my favorite.