rss-icon facebook-icon twitter-icon pinterest-icon google-plus-icon

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Eh, I Don't Care Why You Click It, Just "LIKE" Me!

If you have a Facebook page, you probably know that there are a ton of groups, causes, and such that you can follow, simply by clicking on "LIKE".

If you don't have a Facebook page, you probably have no idea what I am talking about, in which case, you are excused from reading this post. Now, go directly to Facebook and jump into 2011, um, k? Oh, and don't forget to "LIKE" "It's A Schmitty Life".

Anyway.....

I have a tendency to "LIKE" many things, such as; Sutter Homies, Moms who need wine, and OMG I so need a glass of wine or I'm gonna sell my kids.

I think I'm detecting a pattern here.

I'm not just about the wine though, really. I follow important stuff too; A Day for Hearts: Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Day, Marching for Maddie, and Violence Unsilenced.

See? I'm not a complete waste OR completely wasted, for that matter.

But I've got a question for you. Did you ever "LIKE" something and not know what you were, well, LIKING?

(P.S. I just looked up LIKING on Dictionary.com. Has a word ever just LOOKED funny to you when you typed it? I kept thinking it was LICKING. But that would have been weird because I'm sure you would have known what you were LICKING. Well, I hope you would anyway.)

But back to my question.

The reason for my question is due to a conversation I had yesterday. It came to my attention that some of you are LIKING "It's A Schmitty Life" on Facebook, yet? You have NO IDEA what it actually is.

I went to the school to pick up my youngest children and met up with two moms that I know. I just love these two women and enjoy chatting with them as we wait for our kids to get dismissed.

D: "I saw your Facebook status, you are so funny!" She said to me.

Me: "Funny how? I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to effin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how?"

JUST KIDDING! I didn't say that, but that would have been a riot, am I right? Good 'ole Joe Pesci, that line is classic!

What I really bashfully said was, "Awww, thanks, I try".

D: "Really! You should have a blog!"

Blink. Blink.

Me: "I DO! Don't you follow me?" I asked, although I already KNEW that they BOTH did.

T: "How do I not know this?" Pipes up the other mom.

D: "OH! That "It's A Schmitty Life" thing?"

T: "OH! That's what that is?!"

Blink. Blink.

POP! Pffffffffffffffffffffft.

That, my friends? That would be the burst and deflation of my ego.

8 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

I get the ....you really should write a book. But I don't think it is all that funny!!
I do LIKE your blog, and read it. does that count?

meleah rebeccah said...

Of course I "liked" your blog on Facebook! And, had we been having that conversation I would have KNOWN you already had a blog!

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

I already "like" your blog.
: )

kim mccafferty said...

Question- how does "liking" your blog on FB help? Just curious, practically an FB virgin myself...

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Thank you all for "Liking" Me!! And Kim, it can increase traffic to your blog if you have followers...that way friends of friends can see the blog and hopefully "LIKE" it too!!

kim mccafferty said...

Okay, got it, tell me how to do it, happy to help!

Anonymous said...

haha! I totally understand. I make cards and notebooks and things. People will see one I make and ask how to see more. I'll send them to my blog and they STILL don't get that it's MY blog. They just think my stuff in on this website. Don't they see my house and kids on the blog??

Or they are friends with my on FB. Don't they see I'm posting my blog to FB? The whole point of the blog was for friends and family far away to keep up with us and now none of my family even reads the thing....sigh....

:)

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I like you I like you! :)