rss-icon facebook-icon twitter-icon pinterest-icon google-plus-icon

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Being Creative

It's that time of year again that I go completely batty. The elementary school is preparing for their biggest fundraiser, our Chance Auction that coincides with our annual PTA Installation Dinner. I am the Chair for the Ad Journal which is the event book for the evening. I have to solicit donations and prepare the book for printing.

I also design and print over 450 Invitations for the dinner. It's a huge job.

This year's theme is the Boardwalk. The woman who is the Chair for the Auction can't seem to decide which design she likes. The rest of our committee is going to vote on the two designs that I have come up with tomorrow night. I hope they can make a decision, as they take me quite a while to make, and I really don't want to start from scratch.

What do you think?

This one......

Or this one.......


I like the second, myself.

I have also been painting a mural for my cousin (Mr. Schmitty's cousin's wife). She just recently purchased a Kumon Center. The mural will be used to keep track of the children's progress in the program. It is one of two murals I will be doing for her.

This first one is about half way done. I still need to place a second coat on some of it and then outline the design in black to make it "pop".


So, needless to say, I've been a tad busy....but I love being creative. I'd love to hear some of your feedback!

14 comments:

Dawn said...

You are so creative!

I really like both of the designs. But, there really is something appealing about the second one.

And, I really like what you painted on the wall. I would have loved to have had that painted on my classroom wall.

Good Luck with all you got on your plate right now. :)

Chris said...

I like the 2nd one also. And I love the mural. I wish I had 1/2 your talent!!

Just a little FYI... We're going to be featuring your site (starting Monday morning) at Text Imps. =D

Unknown said...

I also like design #2. You're very talented!

Unknown said...

I like design one personally :0) And I love that mural!!! You are very creative!

Marit said...

my vote is for the second, and i like the mural!!

Jennifer S said...

I like them both, but especially the 2nd one. But I was thinking maybe with bolder lettering like the first?

You're so freaking talented, you know.

Patois42 said...

Dang, another creative person blogging?! Love the mural in-progress. That second one of the two invitation designs is my fave, too.

Jill said...

You're so talented!! I personally like the first invitation better, but the second one gets the boardwalk theme across better. Love the mural!!

Momo Fali said...

I wish I had one-billionth of your talent. I am a talentless schmuck.

I like the second one too. I like seeing the boardwalk.

TheOtherJennifer said...

the second one actually LOOKS more like a boardwalk, although both are terribly clever and I am greenly envious of your talent.

Unknown said...

I like the second one. you rock!

The Fritz Facts said...

I like the second one too.

You are wonderful! I don't know how you do it all.

ThatsBaloney said...

You've got skillz.
Wish I were crafty!
I like the second one best.

EE said...

The first one is my favorite, though the second one is more creative.