rss-icon facebook-icon twitter-icon pinterest-icon google-plus-icon

Thursday, October 30, 2008

So Much For Concealer

I've told you all that I have PCOS. (I know, I know, like a hundred times) Well, one of the symptoms of this hormonal nightmare is acne. Now, I wouldn't say that I'm a festering pizza face, but I will say that I can get quite the breakout before AF comes along.

I really don't think I had this many zits when I was a teenager. It's horrible and I can't seem to avoid them. And they aren't little, oh no, they are the whopping, red and angry kind.

The other day my daughter came home with a project she did in Pre-K. Every month the kids create new place mats for their classroom snack. At the end of the month, once a new mat is made, they get to bring home the previous month's laminated masterpiece.

Her place mat had her name in big, bold letters and below that was a drawing of a person.

"R., I love your place mat! Here you have your name and your drawing must be you!"

"Thank you mommy, but that's you."

"Oh! What a nice drawing. You even included my belly button!"

[giggles from R.]

"But one question, what's that?" I asked as I pointed to a dot between my eyes.

"That's your zit mommy!"

Dang, I thought she had given me a bindi.

14 comments:

Zephra said...

Oh you HAVE to keep that forever!!! Priceless.

Anonymous said...

Bwaaaaaa haaaa haaaaaaaa!

I have one of those. I too have PCOS and therefore the zitty, hairy, extra layer of blubber that goes with it. Moo did a beautiful picture of me complete with my multicoloured eyes. And a chin full of zits.

Thanks babe. Wanna add some wrinkles to that pic now?

Anonymous said...

[snort]

I was going to give you a little sympathy, but after reading kelley's comment, I can't seem to stop snorting my Cheerios all over my laptop.

Sorry.

The Fritz Facts said...

Man...that is to funny. Not haha funny, but oh my funny. That is one for the memory book!

Laura Marchant said...

You have to write the story on the back so when she is a teenager and has a zit you can show her!
Kids say and do the funniest things!

Anonymous said...

That is the best story Ive read all day. Hilarious.

PS:
Happy Halloween
xxoo
:)

TheOtherJennifer said...

and it's already laminated so you can put it right into the memory box!!

some boobs would have been nice in addition to that ginormous belly button!

Julie D said...

Oh, out of the mouth's of babes. Save that for when she's 16 and in hormone hell!

Super B's Mom said...

Oh you poor darlin!! I'm right there with you in PCOS hell. As a matter of fact, this morning I have matching zits - one under each nostril.

But good lord that picture sure is funny. :)

Unknown said...

LOL Kids and their imaginations! :)

Unknown said...

HAHAHA. Kids are so mean without even knowing it! I love 'em!

Cant Hardly Wait said...

Oh gosh... hahaha, that is TOO funny.

Bonnie the Boss said...

I have the same problem. Mine are way worse than when I was a teenager.
I have a couple of kids who comment all the time on that and my grey hair. Lovely huh.
My daughter drew a pic of me the other day and said "Mom you really aren't that skinny."
Thanks sweetie!

EE said...

I feel your pain.
This is hilarious!!